TagListed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

Where did you found TagListed?

View results

Visitors
TagListed is there for all the people to learn they might be dealing with a scammer
TagListed is there for all the people to learn they might be dealing with a scammer
Latest topics
» Scammer With Photos of Kiera Nicole Bethley
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:50 pm by Jamica

» Scammer With Photos of Nichole Williams aka Blaq Russian
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:36 am by Jamica

» Scammer With Photos of Vaileth Vanessa aka vee_karshian
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:10 pm by Jamica

» Scammer With Photos Of Betty christy
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:20 pm by Jamica

» Scammer With Photos of Jemima Wilberforce Duodu aka Sunshine
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2024, 9:49 pm by Jamica

» Scammer With Photos of Oba Mini Mall
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2024, 8:48 pm by Jamica

» Scammer With Photos Of Lexy Shay
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2024, 2:38 pm by Jamica

» Scammer With Photos Of Ekua WhiteDoll @ekua_whitedoll
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2024, 2:14 pm by Jamica

» Scammer With Photos Of Prunelle Konan konan_prunelle
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 05 May 2024, 12:15 pm by Jamica

Top posters
Diane (54016)
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapLADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_voting_barLADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
CRUNCH (37237)
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_vote_lcapLADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_voting_barLADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
nutcracker (27298)
Jamica (14304)
TagListed (1994)
smeredith09 (276)
Blue Moon (121)
Micd (110)
Scam Hunter (84)
Andy M (19)

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 529 on Thu 21 Oct 2021, 6:31 pm

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE...........

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Empty Re: LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE...........

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:24 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam910
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Empty Re: LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE...........

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:25 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1010
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:26 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1110
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:42 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1210
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:44 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1310
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:45 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1410
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:46 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1510
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:46 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1610
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:48 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1710
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:49 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam1810
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:50 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam2110
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 04 Aug 2013, 9:51 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Scam2210
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sat 10 Aug 2013, 6:41 am

NEWS FLASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pinoy Abroad » Crime

Three Pinays among 60 arrested in Malaysia for online love scam

At least three Filipinas were among 60 people arrested in Malaysia Monday for allegedly taking part in an Internet love scam, a Malaysian news site reported Tuesday.

Police taking part in "Ops Tiong" raided an apartment complex in Kepong in Kuala Lumpur where the racket was being committed, Malaysia's New Straits Times reported.

During the three-hour raid that started 2 a.m., police also arrested 49 men and three women from Nigeria, three men from South Africa, a woman from Uganda, and a woman from Thailand.

Five tested positive for drug abuse, while 28 did not have travel documents when arrested, the report said.

The racket had been the subject of 332 Internet scam complaints from January to April, and had caused some RM51.3 million (P698.337 million) in losses this year.

It was also the subject of 967 complaints involving RM40.9 million (P556.764 million) last year.

Seized during the raid were 30 laptops and 68 cell phones.

Investigation showed the syndicate would court women through social media, and promise to give them expensive gifts.

But the syndicate would tell the victims the gifts had been seized at Customs, and that they needed money to release them.

"The victims will be coaxed into transferring money several times," police said. — BM, GMA News

[b]SEE LADIES?!!..THE BASTARDS ARE GETTING CAUGHT!!!!!KEEP UP THE VIGILANCE!!!  UNITED WE STAND....DIVIDED WE FALL......ALWAYS BE AWARE OF THESE CRIMINALS........BE SAFE OUT THERE........CRUNCH[/b]
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sat 10 Aug 2013, 7:42 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 SGDHQeXGjg2V312gWMOwFeaqOAf2VuFbnM8p8oTHVGWEubhEgFwn3A==
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sat 10 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

ANOTHER WARNING FOR ANOTHER TYPE OF SCAM GOING ROUND PRESENTLY FROM THE POLICE........

Scammers in Victoria have hit the jackpot, swindling people for as much as $50,000 using bogus lottery prizes.

They hoodwink people by sending out emails, texts or letters saying they have won or could win money or prizes often using the names of legitimate overseas lotteries.

Demands for money are then made, purportedly for a tax or administration fee, consumer affairs minister Heidi Victoria warns.

"Once the victim sends the payment overseas, the scammer pockets the fee and the prize never arrives," Ms Victoria said in a statement.

"Unfortunately, once money has been sent overseas it's very difficult to get it back."

In one case scammers fleeced a woman of $50,000.

She was sent scratchies and a brochure about travel deals.

Discovering "the winning ticket" and thinking it was genuine, she contacted the scammers.

She was then asked several times to send money, passport numbers and bank account details in order to claim the prize.

She fell for the trap and over several transfers sent a total of about $50,000.

Ms Victoria has urged people to act prudently when receiving offers from unknown overseas lotteries, particularly if they haven't bought a ticket.

"The best advice is to never give out personal or banking details or send money overseas to someone you do not know and trust," she said.

"If you think you have been scammed, let Consumer Affairs Victoria know so they can warn others."
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Fri 16 Aug 2013, 4:29 am

FIRST CONTACT EMAIL & EMAILS FROM SCAMMERS !

Does it start with hello angel, sweetie, cutie, princess, etc.?
Is their spelling, grammar, etc. very different from their profile?
Do they tell you their name followed by "by name"? ex: am Kelvin by name
Do they give you their age, location, etc. even though it is on the profile?
Do they say God fearing or fears God rather than loves God?
Do they seem to have "fill in the blanks" ( )'s. Ex: Am (52) of age, I saw your profile on.....
Do they say "am" rather than "I am"? Ex: "am Kelvin by name. am Engineer"
Do they seem to compliment you too much?
Did their spouse die in some accident or cancer?
Did their spouse cheat on them with their best friend?
Are they left with one or two children?
Do they seem to profess their love for you right away?
Do they repeat themselves?
Does the email seem to be excessively long for an introduction?
Do they use what looks like poetry?
Do they say that age is just a number?
Do they say age, color or distance does not matter?
Do they want you to reply to their "private" email?
Do they say they don't get on the site much and prefer that you email them.
Do they say they are almost always online.
Do they want to talk on IM immediately?
Do they want you to reply immediately?
Do they email you poems?
Do they sometimes forget your name or use someone else's name in an email to you?
Do they say "I care"? ex: "hope to read from you soonest...I care"

IF THEY DO........YOU HAVE A SCAMMER......REPORT HIS ARSE AND KICK TO THE KERB!!!!!!
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Tue 27 Aug 2013, 12:30 am

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 18 Sep 2013, 9:45 pm

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 001O053z6Gw
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:31 pm

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Afrmap

THIS IS A DESCENT MAP TO SHOW YOU WHERE YOUR SCAMMERS ARE RESIDING........
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm

IMPORTANT TOO>>>>>>>>>>>
ALWAYS
LEAVE
THE
SCAMMER
WITHOUT
WORDS
NEVER TELL
HIM WHAT YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>BLOCK DELETE AND REPORT HIM....DONT ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS..........KEEP THEM DUMB!!!!!!!!!!
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:49 am

Love-struck Australians lose millions
ABC

By Claire Moodie - September 25, 2013, 8:13 am
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Feb08_computer_getty_400_18h8k8s_18h8k92_19440nd-19440nh

Online fraud: Calls for a national taskforce as love-struck Australians lose millionsABC Online fraud: Calls for a national taskforce as love-struck Australians lose millions

There have been plenty of warnings but love-struck Australians continue to part with more than $20 million a year in online romance scams.

There are now calls for a national approach to combat the fraud, which can have a devastating - and potentially fatal - fallout.

Earlier this year, a West Australian woman was found dead, presumed murdered, in South Africa after travelling there to see a Nigerian man she had met online.

Since then, the state's police have stopped other scam victims from travelling if they believe they are heading for a similar fate.

The prevalence of the scams has prompted Western Australia's fraud squad to join forces with the state's consumer-protection watchdog to take on the organised crime gangs responsible.

But it is a huge effort, and those witnessing the impact first-hand say Australia needs to set up an effective national taskforce to come anywhere close to winning the battle.

Neil Johnstone, a 50-year-old divorcee, turned to the internet to find companionship.

He was bombarded with attention from Mavis Mensah, who claimed to be an Australian living in west Africa.

But there was heartbreak ahead.

"I finished work - I was on night shift - and I got that message and I was over the moon it was all happening," he said.

"I jumped in the car, drove to Perth very excited. Got to the airport - nothing."

A plane ticket, one of five Mr Johnstone paid for over their year-long relationship, turned out to be fake.

And so was Mavis, whose photos belonged to a US-based model.

"You just believe within yourself that they're real, they are the best person, that's the person I want and anything they ask for or anything they want - you give it to them no matter what," Mr Johnstone said.

He borrowed most of the $100,000 he sent to west Africa, and says he was upfront with the banks over what he needed most of the loans for.

"It's pretty close to D-day where all the banks want their money back now," he said.

Perth woman fooled by scammers twice

Detective Sergeant Rob Martin from the Western Australian Major Fraud Squad has heard it all before.

"It's a very unpleasant job to actually have to turn up on the victims doorstep and break the news that the person that has made them feel better than they've felt for a very long time isn't real and the romance that they thought they were involved in is just a fantasy," he said.

Perth resident Tracey Holmes, 48, is still coming to terms with the fact that she has been conned.

She thought a US man called Todd Hamilton was in love with her. Over the past year she sent him $25,000 to help with his business.

He was the second online identity she has lost money to in recent years.

"I actually thought he was a lovely gentleman. And I thought he had the most sexy voice I've heard from a man," she said.

But the romance turned ugly when Ms Holmes discovered his photographs were of an unknown man and were probably lifted from a social media site.

Now, the scammer is blackmailing her over revealing photos she sent to him online. He had also taken secret footage of her.

"He has scantily clad pictures - not fully exposed but pretty scantily clad," she said.

"I had no idea that he was videoing me but he videoed me. So he's been accumulating information about me all this time and using it against me to now blackmail me into paying him $10,000."

Ms Holmes was also duped into becoming a so-called "money mule" - someone used by the scammers to funnel stolen cash through Australian bank accounts.

"He started doing transactions through my account," she said.

"When the money went into my account they would ask for an SMS code and I would give him the code and wherever the money was going ... it was going."

Authorities team up to battle scammers

With about 300 new scam victims a month in Western Australia, the state's fraud squad has pooled resources with the Department of Consumer Protection to take on the fraudsters.

Called Operation Sunbird, it is identifying scams by tracking large money transactions from WA to west African countries, and then contacting the victims.

Initially they are contacting the victims by post.

"In 63 per cent of cases, we're not seeing any further transactions following that first letter," said Ann Driscoll from the Department of Consumer Protection.

But others refuse to face the truth and keep sending the money.

Detective Sergeant Martin says while the victims might seem naive, the scammers are convincing and constantly refining their techniques.

"To me they seem like trained psychologists, the way they're able to actually manipulate the victim. They're able to tap into the things that actually push the buttons of the victim," he said.

But the costs can go well beyond financial loss.

In March, 67-year-old West Australian woman Jette Jacobs was found dead in South Africa, after she travelled there to meet a man who she had been sending money to online.

Since then police have stopped several others from travelling overseas.

"We had an occasion where a gentleman from here, in his 70s, was about to travel to Ghana," said Detective Senior Sergeant Dom Blackshaw.

"We were able to get the name of the person who was going to collect him from the airport.

"He was going to meet a love interest - a young girl. She'd actually provided the name of her so-called brother to this gentleman.

"Once we did the check, we identified he was a member of the Sakawa Boys - they were an organised crime gang based in Ghana"
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:59 am

Aussie veterans targeted by scam

SCAMwatch is warning veterans to be cautious of potential scammers posing as representatives from the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA).

Scammers are reportedly offering veterans false government services such as free electricity or pension benefits, in exchange for their personal information including banking details and DVA client numbers.

DVA is investigating the incidents and is aware of several approaches in both Victoria and Queensland, warning similar scams may surface in the other states and territories.

Please help SCAMwatch and the DVA to warn Australia’s veteran community about this scam. If you know someone who is a veteran, please pass on the following tips.
Protect yourself

If you receive a phone call or letter asking for your DVA client number or banking details, do not provide them. Contact your nearest DVA office to confirm the request is legitimate.
Be cautious if you are contacted out of the blue by someone claiming to be from ANY government department requesting personal information, always contact the organisation before responding using contact details from a trusted source.
NEVER give credit card or other personal details to someone you do not know and trust.
Do not open suspicious or unsolicited emails (spam)—delete them
Never send personal and account details via email or enter them into a website unless you are certain it is genuine and secure.
If you think you have provided your account details to a scammer, contact your bank or financial institution immediately.
If you think you have provided your DVA number to a scammer contact the DVA office.

You can report a scam to the ACCC via the report a scam page on SCAMwatch or by calling 1300 795 995.

If you, or someone you know, has been approached by someone posing as a DVA representative contact your nearest DVA office on 133 254 or 1800 555 254 (for non-metropolitan callers).
More information

For more information about how you can protect yourself, check out the Requests for your account information (‘phishing’ scams) page on SCAMwatch.

The Department of Veterans’ Affairs has also issued a media release about the scam.
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:04 am

Aussie veterans targeted by scam

SCAMwatch is warning veterans to be cautious of potential scammers posing as representatives from the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA).

Scammers are reportedly offering veterans false government services such as free electricity or pension benefits, in exchange for their personal information including banking details and DVA client numbers.

DVA is investigating the incidents and is aware of several approaches in both Victoria and Queensland, warning similar scams may surface in the other states and territories.

Please help SCAMwatch and the DVA to warn Australia’s veteran community about this scam. If you know someone who is a veteran, please pass on the following tips.
Protect yourself

If you receive a phone call or letter asking for your DVA client number or banking details, do not provide them. Contact your nearest DVA office to confirm the request is legitimate.
Be cautious if you are contacted out of the blue by someone claiming to be from ANY government department requesting personal information, always contact the organisation before responding using contact details from a trusted source.
NEVER give credit card or other personal details to someone you do not know and trust.
Do not open suspicious or unsolicited emails (spam)—delete them
Never send personal and account details via email or enter them into a website unless you are certain it is genuine and secure.
If you think you have provided your account details to a scammer, contact your bank or financial institution immediately.
If you think you have provided your DVA number to a scammer contact the DVA office.

You can report a scam to the ACCC via the report a scam page on SCAMwatch or by calling 1300 795 995.

If you, or someone you know, has been approached by someone posing as a DVA representative contact your nearest DVA office on 133 254 or 1800 555 254 (for non-metropolitan callers).
More information

For more information about how you can protect yourself, check out the Requests for your account information (‘phishing’ scams) page on SCAMwatch.

The Department of Veterans’ Affairs has also issued a media release about the scam.
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:15 am

HERE'S ONE WITH A DIFFERENCE GIRLS N BOYS.......SPECIALLY THE AMERICANS !>COS HES IN YOUR AREA!
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:07 am

NIGERIANS MAKING FAKE MONEY NOW!!!!!!!! COUNTERFEIT!!!!>>>>>>>>>>
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 25 Sep 2013, 10:33 am

United States Army

Criminal Investigation Command

Media contact: CID Public Affairs Office FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

571-305-4041

With National Spotlight on Internet Romance-Type Scams, Army CID Makes Additional Attempts to Warn Unsuspecting Victims

QUANTICO, Va. Jan 25, 2013 – In light of recent national news coverage, the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, commonly known as CID, is again pleading with internet users worldwide to not fall prey to the ongoing online “Romance Scams” that the Army has been combating since 2009. Army CID is hopeful that the recent coverage can potentially help warn victims of the cyber-crime that ends in both undue heartache and financial hardship.

CID special agents continue to receive hundreds of reports from victims located around the world regarding various scams of persons impersonating U.S. Soldiers online. Victims are usually unsuspecting women, 30 to 55 years old, who believe they are romantically involved with an American Soldier, yet are being exploited and ultimately robbed by perpetrators that strike from thousands of miles away.

“We cannot stress enough that people need to stop sending money to persons they meet on the internet and claim to be in the U.S. military,” said Chris Grey, Army CID’s spokesman. “It is heartbreaking to hear these stories over and over again of people who have sent thousands of dollars to someone they have never met and sometimes have never even spoken to on the phone.”

The majority of the “romance scams,” as they have been dubbed, are being perpetrated on social media, dating-type websites where unsuspecting females are the main target.

The criminals are pretending to be U.S. servicemen, routinely serving in a combat zone. The perpetrators will often take the true rank and name of a U.S. Soldier who is honorably serving his country somewhere in the world, marry that up with some photographs of a Soldier off the internet, and then build a false identity to begin prowling the internet for victims.

“We have even seen instances where the Soldier was killed in action and the crooks have used that hero’s identity to perpetrate their twisted scam,” said CID Special Agent Matthew Ivanjack, who has fielded hundreds of calls and emails from victims.

The scams often involve carefully worded romantic requests for money from the victim to purchase special laptop computers, international telephones, military leave papers, and transportation fees to be used by the fictitious “deployed Soldier” so their false relationship can continue. The scams include asking the victim to send money, often thousands of dollars at a time, to a third party address.

Once victims are hooked, the criminals continue their ruse.

“We’ve even seen instances where the perpetrators are asking the victims for money to purchase “leave papers” from the Army, help pay for medical expenses from combat wounds or help pay for their flight home so they can leave the war zone,” said Grey.

These scams are outright theft and are a grave misrepresentation of the U.S. Army and the tremendous amount of support programs and mechanisms that exist for Soldiers today, especially those serving overseas, said Grey.

Along with the romance type scams, CID has been receiving complaints from citizens worldwide that they have been the victims of other types of scams – once again where a cyber crook is impersonating a U.S. servicemember. One version usually involves the sale of a vehicle; where the servicemember claims to be living overseas and has to quickly sell their vehicle because they are being sent to another duty station. After sending bogus information regarding the vehicle, the seller requests the buyer do a wire transfer to a third party to complete the purchase. When in reality, the entire exchange is a ruse for the crook to get the wire transfer and leave the buyer high and dry, with no vehicle.

Army CID is warning people once again to be very suspicious if they begin a relationship on the internet with someone claiming to be an American Soldier and within a matter of weeks, the alleged Soldier is asking for money, as well as their hand in marriage.

Many of these cases have a distinct pattern to them, explained Grey.

“These are not Soldiers, they are outright thieves. If someone asked you out on a first date and before they picked you up they asked you for $3,000 to fix their car to come get you, many people would find that very suspicious and certainly would not give them the money. This is the same thing, except over the internet.” said Grey.

The perpetrators often tell the victims that their units do not have telephones or they are not allowed to make calls or they need money to “help keep the Army internet running.” They often say they are widowers and raising a young child on their own to pull on the heartstrings of their victims.

“We’ve even seen where the criminals said that the Army won’t allow the Soldier to access their personal bank accounts or credit cards,” said Grey.

All lies, according to CID officials.

“These perpetrators, often from other countries, most notably from West African countries are good at what they do and quite familiar with American culture, but the claims about the Army and its regulations are ridiculous,” said Grey.

The Army reports that numerous very senior officers and enlisted Soldiers throughout the Army have had their identities stolen to be used in these scams.

To date, there have been no reports to Army CID indicating any U.S. service members have suffered any financial loss as a result of these attacks. Photographs and actual names of U.S. service members have been the only thing utilized. On the contrary, the victims have lost thousands. In one extreme example, a woman from New York took out a second mortgage on her home to get money to help her “Soldier.” She lost more than $60,000. More recently, a woman from Great Britain told CID officials she had sent more than $75,000 to the con artists.

“The criminals are preying on the emotions and patriotism of their victims,” added Grey.

The U.S. has established numerous task force organizations to deal with this and other growing issues; unfortunately, the people committing these scams are using

untraceable email addresses on “Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail,” etc., routing accounts through numerous locations around the world, and utilizing pay-per-hour Internet cyber cafes, which often times maintain no accountability of use. The ability of law enforcement to identify these perpetrators is very limited, so individuals must stay on the alert and be personally responsible to protect themselves.

“Another critical issue is we don’t want victims who do not report this crime walking away and thinking that a U.S. serviceman has ripped them off when in fact that serviceman is honorably serving his country and often not even aware that his pictures or identity have been stolen,” said Grey.

What to look for:

DON’T EVER SEND MONEY! Be extremely suspicious if you are asked for money for transportation costs, communication fees or marriage processing and medical fees.
If you do start an internet-based relationship with someone, check them out, research what they are telling you with someone who would know, such as a current or former service member.
Be very suspicious if you never get to actually speak with the person on the phone or are told you cannot write or receive letters in the mail. Servicemen and women serving overseas will often have an APO or FPO mailing address. Internet or not, service members always appreciate a letter in the mail.
Many of the negative claims made about the military and the supposed lack of support and services provided to troops overseas are far from reality – check the facts.
Be very suspicious if you are asked to send money or ship property to a third party or company. Often times the company exists, but has no idea or is not a part of the scam.
Be aware of common spelling, grammatical or language errors in the emails.

Where to go for help:

* Report the theft to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) (FBI-NW3C Partnership).

* Online: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

* Report the theft to the Federal Trade Commission. Your report helps law enforcement officials across the United States in their investigations.

* Online: http://www.ftc.gov/idtheft

* By phone: 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338) or TTY, 1-866-653-4261

* By mail: Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC 20580

* Report the fraud to the Federal Trade Commission on Nigerian Scams.

* Email: spam@uce.gov

For more information on CID visit www.cid.army.mil
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Fri 27 Sep 2013, 11:03 am

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:33 pm

watch this one guys!!!!!!!!dont  think these women are in love with you when the gifts start flooding in!>>>>>>thats when ya take warning!!!

Last edited by CRUNCH on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Mon 21 Oct 2013, 2:13 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 B8xmHXuDhlntDQaMfZEUKQ5DTBm0oJWrdBvW2PDY-ipte46U6DwEPw==
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 FSuPefSMgdxncl2VpruBuN1yRVsT8wEJH1KMKw1-bhcfxxb2ePNPSg==

Last edited by CRUNCH on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Empty yes women get ripped off all the time.read this!

Post by CRUNCH Fri 25 Oct 2013, 2:58 am

Dating Home
   Dating Blog
   About Shimrit
   Contact
   Privacy

UK woman loses £10k in online dating scam – Afghanistan soldier

April 11th, 2009

A while back, I warned about a common online dating scam involving an Iraqi soldier.

Now news has come out about a British woman who fell victim to a very similar scam, losing £10k in the process. The scammer pretended to be an American soldier serving in Afghanistan.

This is a very common scam nowadays and so it’s worth keeping your wits about you. It always pains me to see women (and men) fall for these scams. Just think – even if this pretend soldier hadn’t been an outright scammer, what sort of relationship are you building if you start it by financially supporting someone you’ve only just met on the Internet?

Never give any money to someone you met online and if in doubt, let your dating site’s support team know you’ve been asked for money and ask their opinion (this is one of the reasons why it pays to date on a reputable dating site with a good support team).

You can read the rest of the article about this latest scam victim here.

UPDATE: This post has been gathering quite a lot of very useful comments from women who have either been victims of similar fraud or have been contacted by scammers. It’s essential reading if you suspect the person you have been talking to online may be a scammer. All opinions expressed below represent only the people who posted them. If you have a problem with any of the posts and would like them removed please contact me.

Many women have asked me what to do in case you are a victim of fraud. In the UK there is now a service called Action Fraud, which is a website and helpline where you can report any time of fraud (including online dating fraud) and get help and support. Please consider sharing your stories with them as well if you are in the UK. Most of these fraudsters hail from countries where it’s harder to do anything about them, especially for your local police force. However, sharing your story with other women will help starve these assholes of money.
- See more at: http://www.onlinedatingbook.co.uk/blog/online-dating-tips/uk-woman-loses-10k-in-online-dating-scam-afghanistan-soldier#sthash.XjXHfRBp.dpuf
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynDbNPZprk?version=1&hl=th_TH;autoplay=1&loop=1

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 PFiuRinPIjVgVe4Ycbz3MwQK1idoNXq4gMM5eSlcJ-nLQ9JFSmfsdw==
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 VRWkOEeb2529vNc-mm_LCwlO3cDIuEmFNAj5GH4wGecC4WqWHuR_ag==
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 BcTrIRsJCmFu

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Pervert-1
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Stock-photo-no-porn-sign-73347469
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 0dB2naT-B

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvRdlUb56D50L_dlHk6BsLoQBjcUXvQfP018tZelQ0uJ6MT1q2

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 ZrmECrrTgQYUcINLP8aPvU3yNbHJdbG-DKffEs1-fQLCWEnsqmQN2g==

http://i6.tagstat.com/p1/0/wTUy93RLhDJfpGoUZDJNq0Ax0FjXCwpemGuaQfZC1faMAZYq5jqOcA==.jpg
http://i5.tagstat.com/p1/0/hXA9_go8xDgSazGghj7LSXD6AU9BPDbT4w5TXLAnU5vNaMjdbJm8GA==.jpg
http://i7.tagstat.com/p1/0/xSFIFy8EmVykqPedkWjlO-xSwB1wFnidalIc1hTB6YFEEslcN-jM4w==.jpg
http://i4.tagstat.com/p1/0/9dfZzfn4oxOUM-gCTnnLhXToIcEtSSoL3S5SwAmEcK69J4nHbTI5Jw==.jpg
http://i4.tagstat.com/p1/0/9dfZzfn4oxOUM-gCTnnLhXToIcEtSSoL3S5SwAmEcK69J4nHbTI5Jw==.jpg

http://i3.tagstat.com/p1/0/toc7P6GHUw44btTAEyL2r_5-yqo-7YB3fXPEUwDz-CG3-pOMGECxlQ==.gif
http://i7.tagstat.com/p1/t/LiuS60ubf499mCsXXgiOkVCWYcYgxifZW7yDU0QTDqQmI9zHJkCUYw==.gif
http://i7.tagstat.com/p1/0/XP9aRZgljNWzm-BQD4xg7SiV7zsD33HRssUGYrA7Ye4852ec-FWIHA==.gif
http://i1.tagstat.com/p1/0/EL-LWCGBlQGW7JbGnH0LJHnKJfiABdejLmF5-kH1Uc8WNELjByGGGw==.jpg
http://i6.tagstat.com/p1/0/8b-kXnL6rqA-lvA7pE88gaAtW8lv9jW7J2ioWFdH53yusfotoL4yZw==.jpg
http://i7.tagstat.com/p1/0/FSuPefSMgdxncl2VpruBuN1yRVsT8wEJH1KMKw1-bhcfxxb2ePNPSg==.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynDbNPZprk?version=1&hl=th_TH;autoplay=1&loop=1

Last edited by CRUNCH on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 8:59 am; edited 12 times in total
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sat 26 Apr 2014, 1:01 am

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sat 26 Apr 2014, 1:02 am

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:53 am

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Mon 28 Apr 2014, 3:07 am

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Mon 28 Apr 2014, 3:09 am

WHEN THE VIDEO ABOVE IS FINISHED PLAYING..THEN WATCH ALL THE OTHERS CONNECTED TO IT..THEIR LINKS ARE ALL ON THEIR PICS .........TAKE CARE OUT THERE LADIES...........ITS A BAD BAD SCAMMER WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW!
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Mon 19 May 2014, 2:17 am

1. Do not send money to someone you have never met in person, even if you have spoken to them or received gifts.
2.Do not give anyone your bank account details – for any reason!
3.Listen to warnings from your friends and family.
4.Be wary if online dating profile pictures do not match the descriptions, or look like they were taken from a magazine.
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Tue 20 May 2014, 2:48 am

HE IS YOUR ENEMY......
HE WANTS YOUR MONEY
HE IS A THIEF
HE IS A LIAR
HE WILL DECEIVE YOU
HE WILL SAY HOW MUCH HE LOVES YOU
HE WILL PROMISE YOU THE WORLD......
BUT>>>>>>>>>
HE IS AN INTERNET FRAUD CRIMINAL......
HE DOES NOT RESPECT YOU
HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU
HE WILL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE HIM.
BE SMART.............
REPORT BLOCK AND DELETE SCAMMERS
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Tue 20 May 2014, 2:59 am

1. Do not send money to someone you have never met in person, even if you have spoken to them or received gifts.
2.Do not give anyone your bank account details – for any reason!
3.Listen to warnings from your friends and family.
4.Be wary if online dating profile pictures do not match the descriptions, or look like they were taken from a magazine.
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Fri 30 May 2014, 2:33 am

NOW ALL YOU GUYS READ THIS..YES WOMEN SCAM AS WELL!!!!!>>>>>>AND THE ELDERLY AND LONELY ARE THE VULNERABLE ONES TO WHOM THESE "BITCHES " WILL TARGET..........DONT BE FOOLED BY A YOUNG PRETTY FACE GUYS....THEY WILL PICK THEIR MARK.THEYRE CUNNING LIARS AND ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY.........DO NOT BELIEVE THE PROMISES OF THE FUTURE....THEY WILL NOT EVENTUATE!........

REASON WITH LOGIC........
ASK YOURSELVES....WHY WOULD A PERSON HER AGE APPROACH ME?.I'M CLEARLY TWICE HER AGE?.ASK YOURSELVES.AND DONT FOR ONE SECOND FEEL GUILTY  BECAUSE SHE THROWS A SOB STORY AT YOU.....YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSISTING ANYONE ONE WITH A SOB STORY TO TELL......PLEASE DON'T BECOME A VICTIM TO WOMEN LIKE THIS!!!!!!!

AND FINALLY......NEVER ..EVER, EVER SEND MONEY TO ANYONE.!!!!!!!!..........DONT BE CONNED OF YOUR LIFES SAVINGS, WOMEN LIKE THIS ARE GREEDY SELFISH COLD HEARTED LIARS ,THEY HAVE NO HEARTS SOULS OR CONSCIENCES, THEY ARE PREYING ON THE INNOCENT AND  ARE INTENT OF DECEIT.............YOU DON'T NEED THESE WOMEN IN YOUR LIVES...IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY DECYPHERING WHO IS WHO ON THE NET........COME HERE....ASK US!WE ARE HERE TO HELP.......

CRUNCH

A 39-year-old Sydney woman has been arrested and charged for allegedly fraudulently taking more than $2 million from a number of men aged in their 60s and 70s, police say.

It is alleged the woman from Miller in southwest Sydney used dating services for about five years, from mid 2008 to February this year, to form relationships with four different men.

Two of the men are aged in their 70s, while the other two are in their 60s, police say.

One of the men allegedly paid the woman $1.9 million.

The other three men paid her $190,000, $58,000, and $12,000 respectively.

After making contact with the men, police say the woman would convince them to deposit money into her account, sometimes claiming she need money to care for a sick relative.
The 39-year-old Sydney mother was arrested by police this morning (Supplied).

The single mother-of-four is believed to have spent the cash on plastic surgery, cars, and designer handbags.

The woman was arrested on Thursday and police seized several items including a sports car.

The woman has been charged with several counts of fraud and money laundering.

She was granted bail and will appear in Liverpool Local Court on June 25.
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 3005_scammer_s

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Online_scam_19ofo8g-19ofo8m.jpg?x=656&sig=b8xg

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 2fraud_woman638

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Fraud_woman638

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/05/30/08/01/sydney-woman-scams-millions-from-men#86h8PUSpP4tqiFfu.99
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Sat 21 Jun 2014, 1:21 am

WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8863099/lovelorn-mum-loses-200k-to-dating-scam
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 200614_dating
Homeless, heartbroken and humiliated.

On A Current Affair, how this Aussie mum's hard-earned money was fleeced by a man she thought was the love of her life.
YET ANOTHER ONLINE SCAMMER LADIES................PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO!
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 09 Jul 2014, 3:53 am

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 7N4ak3xo7oftKvq0OrO2w42Toz7F3wFrGQOiphq0_VmsoBU3XFziBg==
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Thu 10 Jul 2014, 3:16 pm

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Thu 10 Jul 2014, 3:17 pm

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Thu 10 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm

CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:44 pm

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Logo1

http://www.fbi.gov/news/news_blog/online-dating-extortion-and-other-scams

Online Dating Extortion and Other Scams

Rose on Computer KeyboardThe latest report from the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) reinforces the fact that people looking for love online need to remain vigilant about who they choose to communicate with and how they do so. In a recently reported dating extortion scam, victims usually met someone on an online dating site and then were asked to move the conversation to a particular social networking site, where the talk often turned intimate. Victims were later sent a link to a website where those conversations were posted, along with photos, their phone numbers, and claims that they were “cheaters.” In order to have that information removed, victims were told they could make a $99 payment—but there is no indication that the other side of the bargain was upheld.

Other items in this month’s IC3 report include a new variation on the classic payday loan scam; new malware that has infected at least 250,000 victims, including 46 Fortune 500 companies; and the top words used by cyber criminals in fake e-mails.
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:46 pm

http://q13fox.com/2013/01/07/soldier-warns-women-about-expansive-dating-scam/
Soldier warns women about expansive dating scam
Posted 4:15 PM, January 7, 2013, by Tom Yazwinski, Updated at 06:00pm, January 7, 2013

Twitter3
Facebook51
Google
Pinterest
LinkedIn
Email
LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Soldier
SoldierJOINT BASE LEWIS-McCHORD — A local soldier has received thousands of emails from love interests around the world.

There’s only one problem:

He’s not looking for love.

Major Gordon Hannett, stationed at JBLM, said online fraudsters are posing as the Major and soliciting money on his behalf. Hannett said someone claiming to be him scammed more than 300 woman into thinking they were talking to the major, and would get the women to send money on his behalf. The woman send the scammers money, Hannet said, and then contact him asking him what went wrong with their transaction.

“Women will send $2,000, $3,000, $10,000,” Hannet said. “I’ve heard of women cleaning out their entire retirement accounts to send to these guys, these scammers.”

Hannet said scammers use fake dating profiles and pictures to trick women into sending money for the chance to meet. A quick search for Hannett shows two false Facebook accounts featuring his real picture. Hannet has no idea how the accounts were set up.

Shannon Smith is senior council at the Attorney General’s Office. Several scams involving wire transfers to men claiming to be soldiers occur each year, Smith said. Though it’s a well known problem, little can be done to stop them.

“Often times when you send your money overseas, there’s nothing anybody can do to get your money back because our office doesn’t have the ability to chase people down overseas,” Smith said.

Major Hannett is now making it his mission to fight the scams and warn others about the crooks.

“They’re the lowest of the low,” he said. “They’ve preyed on retirees and widows. They take their money. It’s just awful.”

The FBI is aware of many online dating scams and features online resources for those hoping to fight the fraud.

Visit these sites for more information on how to fight scams:

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/february/dating-scams_021412

http://www.fbi.gov/news/podcasts/inside/sweetheart-scams.mp3/view

http://www.fbi.gov/news/news_blog/online-dating-extortion-and-other-scams
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:48 pm

LADIES PLEASE ALL READ THIS PAGE FOR YOU SAFETY AND ADVICE........... - Page 2 Logo1

Mollie Halpern: An old adage says, “Love is blind”—and that’s exactly what so-called sweetheart scammers are counting on. Financial fraud is one of the dangers of dating online.

Nickolas B. Savage: The problem is certainly large, and there are quite a number of individuals that are being victimized.

Halpern: Hi, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Inside the FBI. Those looking for love on singles sites can fall victim to suitors who are actually scammers. Coming up, learn how fraudsters are pulling your heartstrings only to get to your purse strings, how to spot a scam, and what action to take if you’re a victim.

But first—who are these criminals using the computer to lure lovers? And who are their unlucky-in-love victims? Nickolas Savage is the assistant section chief of the Cyber Division...

Savage: The victims are residing here in the United States, but the individuals responsible for the criminal activity tend to be somewhere abroad.

Halpern: The average financial loss from these romance schemes is between $15,000 and $20,000. That number is nearly double what it was a decade ago. The victims are mostly women between 50 and 59 who believe they’re in a real relationship. Savage says the fraudsters work to gain their victims’ trust through online courting.

Savage: Individuals who scam other people are masters at manipulating people who are vulnerable. And time is on their side. They have the ability to draw this out and to get to know somebody to determine what those vulnerabilities are.

Halpern: Once the victim’s vulnerabilities are exposed, the fraudster wants to take the relationship to another level and meet in person.

Savage: But that’s usually accompanied later on with some problem that would prevent them from traveling, and it’s usually something involving money. We’ve seen situations where family members have been sick, or they themselves are having some financial problem, or, ‘If you send me money I can buy the tickets or obtain the necessary paperwork so I can come see you.’ It’s something that is believed to be happening in the fraudster’s life. Something that, some problem they are having that if they’re able to resolve these issues, they will then be able to meet the victim.

Halpern: The criminals continue to perpetrate the fraud until they break the victim’s bank—and heart. But there are ways to spot a scam before your romance fades into financial fraud.

Savage: Especially early on in the relationship, if it’s only your second or third conversation and they’re already asking you for money, then you really need to be careful, be wary, that it’s probably a scam.

Halpern: If your newfound online love sends you photographs of themselves—don’t believe it’s actually a picture of them.

Savage: If they look like something out of a magazine or they purport to be a supermodel, I think you just need to be a little cautious. You should apply common sense.

Halpern: Since the scammers are typically from outside of the United States, be wary if your love interest is overseas.

Savage recommends doing your best to stay away from the scammers by using the more widely known websites.

Savage: I think the most important take-away is that people should stick to legitimate sites. They should stick to larger companies that have a reputation.

Halpern: The FBI investigates and collects data on these romance schemes though our Internet Crime Complaint Center, or IC3.

Savage: What IC3 affords us an opportunity to do is to collect this information of individuals who have been victimized from various parts of the country, bundle them together to look for that common thread or information that will get us back to a particular individual. Once we’ve done that, we can build a case and we can work with our foreign partners to affect an arrest and bring these individuals to justice.

Halpern: If you’ve been seduced by a scammer, let us know at www.ic3.gov.
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by CRUNCH Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:54 pm

Recognizing an Online Dating
Scam Artist

Your online “date” may only be interested in your money if he or she:

- Presses you to leave the dating website you met through and to communicate using personal e-mail or instant messaging;

- Professes instant feelings of love;

- Sends you a photograph of himself or herself that looks like something from a glamour magazine;

- Claims to be from the U.S. and is traveling or working overseas;

- Makes plans to visit you but is then unable to do so because of a tragic event; or

- Asks for money for a variety of reasons (travel, medical emergencies, hotel bills, hospitals bills for a child or other relative, visas or other official documents, losses from a financial setback or crime victimization).

One way to steer clear of these criminals all together is to stick to online dating websites with nationally known reputations.
insidethefbi.jpgListen: Special Agent Nicholas Savage describes so-called “sweetheart scammers” and the dangers they pose on the Internet.”

More: Inside the FBI
CRUNCH
CRUNCH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next